Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Two firsts in one day!

Last Saturday, December 15 Josie had two major firsts:

1. First official crawling!!
She has been getting up and rocking for quite some time, but on Saturday Rob and I witnessed actual moving of knees. She still hasn't gotten the complete motion down yet, but she's going to be zooming around any day now.
Reach, baby girl!
 2. First solids!
I wanted to start solids a while ago, but decided to wait until after her six-month checkup to make sure everything was okay with her milk allergy situation. The doctor said she is growing well, so we could go ahead. I have been suspecting lately that she has a problem with soy, too, so I had to find soy-free baby cereal. (fyi, Beech-nut brand does not contain soy or milk, while Gerber and Equate brands both contain soy.)
She loved it!
I started with one tablespoon of oatmeal. At first she had this concerned look. I imagined her saying, "Hmm, what is this? . . . give me more so I can figure it out." She did really well for her first time. The next day she ate the whole amount that I made, plus a little more! Nice work, baby girl!

1 comment:

Denise said...

What a cute smile about getting real food! :)